TERS, et cetera...
by Amanda Roothman on 25 August
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Tomas Buxton
With the TERS Benefit trials and tribulations, failures upon failures, Exponential Brilliance is triumphing with determination, endurance, and persistence. Because we never lose our focus. Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new centre of gravity. We do not fight them. We just find a new way to stand.
The Department of Labour issued yet another updated circulation regarding the lockdown period 1 July - 15 August 2020, on 21 August 2020.
The most important update within this new directive, confirms that employees who experience a temporary pay cut due to operational or economic requirements, still qualify for Covid-19 TERS relief scheme benefits in this period.
Employees whose employers are:
- Not permitted to commence operations;
- Unable to make alternative arrangements for vulnerable workers (such as working from home);
- Unable to make use of their services because of operational requirements caused by compliance, such as rostering, staggering working hours, short time or shifts, and the temporary reduction in the employee's ordinary remuneration, is now added.
The following payments are included as remuneration:
- Housing or accommodation allowance;
- Car allowance (except to the extent that the car is provided to enable the employee to work);
- Cash payments;
- Employer's contributions to medical aid, pension funds or similar schemes,
The following are not included as remuneration:
- Payment provided to enable an employee to work (e.g. a tool or equipment allowance) or the provision of transport, or the payment of a transport allowance to enable the employee to travel to work;
- Relocation allowance;
- Gratuities (e.g. tips from customers, or gifts from employers);
- Share incentive schemes;
- Discretionary payments related to an employee's hours of work or performance (e.g. profit-sharing scheme);
- Entertainment allowance;
- Education or schooling allowance.
Taking the above into consideration, remember that Exponential Brilliance have developed a free TERS Toolkit to convert the excel TERS application template file into a csv file, ready for upload to the TERS website. You may find instructions on this Toolkit from the following link: Exponential Brilliance TERS Toolkit
We have also developed a TERS Benefit Calculator to make it easy for the end-user and payroll administrator to calculate in advance the amount of relief you will be receiving from TERS.
Take a glance at what our clients have to say about our service relating to TERS... et cetera!
Because we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore is not an act, but a habit.
by Amanda Roothman on 18 September
by Amanda Roothman on 3 September